With over 70 people attending our second Farm-To-Table Dinner, the event was a wonderful success! It was fun to meet so many of our supporters.
The evening was just perfect. Ollin Farms is a beautiful setting and we lucked out with perfect weather. Put that together with good music, good company and good food and we couldn’t have asked for more.
Speaking of good food, Chef Justin’s squash was the hit of the evening and he has generously agreed to share his recipe with us.
Roasted Winter Squash
2 lbs winter squash – your favorite variety or use several different types
1 Poblano pepper
Medium yellow onion, finely diced
Cream, to taste
Ground ginger, to taste
Ground cinnamon, to taste
Pinch of sugar, if desired.
1. Roast the squash and pepper in the oven. Cut the squash in half and remove any seeds. Place cut-side down on a greased baking sheet. Cook in the oven for about an hour at 375.
2. When the pepper and squash are cooked, leave to cool until cool enough to handle. Remove the squash meat from the skin. Peel any blackened skin from the pepper and then finely dice the pepper.
3. Saute the onion in a little butter until softened.
4. Mix the squash, pepper and onion together and mash as you would potatoes.
5. Add the cream and spices to taste
6. Put mixture in an oven-proof dish and the cook uncovered for 25 minutes at 350.
Optional: Try adding some cooked sausage such as Chorizo or Italian to the squash for a meatier version of this.
Chef Justin assures us that this is super easy to make and you can’t go wrong so please try it at home.
Enjoy, and thank you again for your support!